About the Company:
Workplace One is a leader in the rapidly expanding coworking and shared office sector. Our highly-designed workspaces cater to a wide range of businesses, from start-ups to large corporations. We currently have four locations in Toronto, and one in Kitchener-Waterloo’s Innovation District.
Our dynamic team is driven to provide our members with best in class service, along with a vibrant work environment that allows their businesses to flourish.
About the Role:
Are you a highly ambitious, energetic person who is looking to help grow a community? Do you love to work in a fast-paced environment? Are you detail-oriented, a natural multi-tasker, have a positive attitude, and genuinely love being a part of a team? If so, this role, based out of one of stunning Toronto locations, may be the one you’ve been seeking. The Community Manager will manage a Toronto shared office location to make sure the Centre is run professionally and to Workplace One standards.
The Community Manager will report directly to the Director of Community.
Goals and Objectives
- To manage, oversee and direct all aspects of Workplace One Centre’s operations including leasing, memberships, finance, sales, marketing, communications and events.
- Ensure that the building is fully operational and processes are running smoothly.
To create a collaborative environment amongst all members through events, communications and personal introductions.
- To strive to create an environment that is a great place to work for all members.
- To be a firm but friendly point person who sparks enthusiasm and has a strong presence as the leader of the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the process from booking tours, signing up new members, to facilitating member move-in and move-out
- Be ultimately responsible for building operations and member experience
- Support community outreach goals and execute on all objectives
- Oversee and keep the team up to date with process changes
- Create a high-end hospitality experience
- Develop community initiatives designed to create connections between members, including member introductions, overseeing events, and building walk-throughs.
- Solve member-related issues to ensure a cohesive community and manage member expectations.
- Meet with members to resolve issues, process member terminations and other issues of complexity.
- Oversee events to ensure there is a good balance of educational, member appreciation, and lead generating and sales-related events and to review for adequate procedural safeguards for the protection of members and company assets.
- Design and implement rules, guidelines and best practices for the community to optimize member experience.
- Recommend best practices, including but not limited to community management, sales, operations, events, training, communications, and member experience on a company-wide level.
- Exercise discretion in guiding prospective members, including possibly gatekeeping where business may not be in the interests of greater community.
- Resolve member complaints regarding other members through neutral fact investigation and process termination of membership when warranted.
- Explain policies and procedures to members, including but not limited to: membership agreement and billing procedures.
- Take responsibility for community dynamics and customer service that will lead to positive referrals.
- Make solution recommendations based on prospects requirements
- Assist in member success in helping members grow within the community
- Manage and maintain relationships with vendors and landlords.
- Make recommendations for any repairs, maintenance, or updates required in your building.
- Manage a day and night janitorial team to maintain clean offices and common areas and deliver the highest level of member satisfaction
- Identify and resolve issues presented, i.e. insufficient cleaning staff, repeating IT-related failures, malfunctioning conference room equipment, etc.
- Supervise move-ins and move-outs for a quality experience.
- Know and be able to implement member safety plans, i.e. fire and emergency plans.
How to apply:
If this sounds like a good fit, please send your resume, a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role, to: email@example.com